sunnuntai 5. lokakuuta 2014

Food and the Family Day


The Bastei

Today I visited the Bastei which is a rock formation almost 200 meters above the Elbe river. The rocks of Bastei were formed by water erosion over million years ago. The Bastei is in the Elbsandsteingebirge (Elbe Sandstone Mountains) . Unfortunately Christin could´t come with us because she was sick. So I went there with Tom Karl, Pyry, Anne-Kathrin, Saana and German families. The view was really impressive and something that I will remember. We hiked there and climbed to the top. We also went with a boat in a part of the Elbe.



The food in Germany 

In Berlin the most traditional food is Currywurst. My host family is vegetarian and they like Indian vegetables and mediterrean. I´ve noticed that they use a lot of herbs and the food is fresh and healthy. Typical food for Germany is Schnitzel with fries. They like to eat snacks quite often. The German food is often a little bit unhealthy but in my host family they eat healthily. Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) Is a famous dessert. It has warm apples inside of dough.  It´s often served with vanilla ice-cream. 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti